Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Why am I a Republican?

Why am I a Republican?
To basically sum it up, I am a Republican because I believe that big government is a threat to liberty, prosperity, and morality, I believe the left sacrifices the truth, I love the principles of Jefferson, Hamilton, and Madison, I believe entitlements cripple the human spirit, and I have morals!
More reasons I am a Republican…
I am opposed to homosexuality. A moral wrong can not be a civil right!
I disagree with promoting abortion as an acceptable means of birth control.
Affirmative action is a joke! It is a divisive concept which erroneously limits the ability of minorities to compete on an equal basis.
I do not think the US should accept known international Human Rights Violations in countries (i.e. China) for the sake of economic progress.
I totally disagree with tolerance of perversion and irreverence of patriotic symbols (i.e. Legal flag burning but illegal prayer in schools).
No one should deny children of low and moderate-income families an equal opportunity education, by opposing vouchers and the establishment of charter schools.
The Republican Oath
I'm a Republican Because...
I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.
FINALLY, I believe the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.

No comments: